Tyson Ho likes swine. Joshua M. Bernstein and Chris Cuzme? They like beer.
To combine these two great life pleasures, the gluttonous trio is once more joining forces to throw their annual Solstice Session at Bushwick's premier North Carolina-style BBQ joint, Arrogant Swine.
Pitmaster Ho will slow-roast the finest heritage pig and serve mountains of pulled-pork sandwiches. To drink, Cuzme and Bernstein have assembled a line-up of the city's best session beer and offbeat ferments--low alcohol but not low in flavor. And perfect for drinking all afternoon.
We've enlisted 10 of the city's best homebrewers to make session beers, then we've tabbed NYC's best and brightest breweries to craft low-alcohol beauties too. That means you'll be drinking the likes of Other Half, LIC Beer Project, Rockaway Brewing, Big Alice, Finback, Kings County Brewers Collective and more. There will be 25 unique, rarely tasted session brews on offer, from oat-driven grisettes to tart sours, refreshing goses, session IPAs and everything under the low-alcohol sun. (And yes, you'll be able to drink all you want.)
You'll savor the beverages in more than 3,000 square feet of indoor-outdoor industrial paradise, with picnic tables aplenty. Once again, there's no better way to kick off the summer.
NOTE: Ticket includes one heaping, gut-busting plate of food and all-you-can-drink beverages.
The working beer list (will be updated with more confirmations):
* LIC Beer Project: Gal Friday table sour
* The Bronx Brewery: Summer Pale Ale
* Other Half / Creature Comforts: Grits & Greens pilsner
* Big Alice Brewing: Sweet Potato Farmhouse Ale
* Gun Hill Brewing Company: Common Sense Cream Ale
* Grimm Artisanal Ales: Rainbow Dome
* KelSo Beer Company of Brooklyn: Berliner weisse
* Russell Smith / Pia Sen: Kulfi-wala cream ale (inspired by Indian ice cream and flavored with coconut, rice, lime, cardamom and saffron)
* Bitter & Esters: Proper English Bitter
* Merlin U Ward / Wartega: Mochi (small ale with raspberries and vanilla)
* Glen Cupples: Go the Distance (English pale ale)
* Morgan Clark Snyder Jr.: Stop Looking At Me Swaen saison
* Andrew Said Thomas: Son of Saaz steambier and Gueuze Deux
* KCBC: Gold Gone Wild (Petit Lambic)
* KCBC: Stoop Sale (unfiltered kölsch, dry hopped with Wai-iti)
* KCBC / Rockaway Brewing: Yoga Pants (Meyer lemon saison)
* Cuzett Libations: Smokin' Gold (smoked blonde ale)
*Jack's Abby: Calyptra session IPL
* Greenpoint Beer & Ale: Predilection (Saison with Munich and Vienna malts)
* Folksbier: Helles Simple
* Shirtwaist Brewing: Pandanmonium Wit
* Rockaway Brewing: Da Beach (hoppy summer session ale)